COVID-19 Situation Summary
- Situation in Mainland China: The total number of confirmed cases has accumulated to 77,658, including 27,323 discharged cases and 2,663 death cases*. The number of new infections has been steadily dropping.
- Season China Operations:
- No infected cases have been reported among the Season employees to date.
- Season China site has managed to resumed operations since 11 February, with the capacity gradually increasing (exceeding 70%) as more and more workers have returned to work. Season is most grateful for the commitment and passion of its employees. According to a survey conducted by China Economic Weekly, Dongguan, a major industrial town in South China where Season China is located, currently has an average return rate of less than 2% due to issues like meeting audit requirements, inadequate masks, logistics problems, etc.#
- We are expecting a 2-3 weeks’ delay in delivery of mechanical parts in Q1, while the impact on electronics components will not be fully seen until Q2. Season has been in contact with customers to support their redesigning and supply chain needs, if any.
- Other Global Operations of Season:
- Outside mainland China, the epidemic has infected at least 1,790 people in 36 countries/territories* (excluding 691 cases confirmed among passengers on a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan). The number of cases in South Korea and Italy skyrocketed to more than 890 and over 220, respectively.
- No infected case have been reported by Season’s operations in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, UK & US.
- Season will continue to keep you updated as situation evolves and will do our utmost to minimize the impact to your business.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 9am, 25 Feb 2020.
# Hong Kong Economic Journal, 24 Feb 2020.