COVID-19 Situation Summary
- Situation in Mainland China: The total number of confirmed cases has reached 74,185 (as of February 18, 2020, 23:59), including 11,977 cases in serious condition and 2,004 death cases*.
- Season China & HK Operations:
- No infected cases have been reported among the Season employees to date.
- Season China site has managed to pass the daily audit conducted by the local government and has resumed operations since 11 February. Although still not been able to operate in full capacity due to the continual restrictions on people’s movement within the country, with more and more workers returning to work, the capacity has been gradually increasing.
- Around 90% of our suppliers have returned to work, and we are assessing their capacity. We would expect a slight delay in delivery of mechanical parts for around 2-3 weeks in Q1. The impact on electronics components, however, will not be fully seen until Q2. As the coronavirus situation is still rapidly evolving, it is difficult to assess the exact extent of impact. Season is in the process of identifying alternative sources, and getting well prepared to support the redesigning and supply chain needs of our customers.
- Other Global Operations of Season:
- Outside mainland China, the epidemic has infected at least 446 people in 28 countries/territories* (excluding 542 confirmed cases among passengers on a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan).
- No infected case have been reported by Season’s operations in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, UK & US.
- Season will continue to keep you updated as situation evolves and will do our utmost to minimize the impact to your business.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 9am, 19 Feb 2020.