COVID-19 Situation Summary
- Situation in Mainland China: The total number of confirmed cases has reached 59,804 cases (as of February 12, 2020, 23:59), including 8,030 cases in serious condition and 1,367 death cases*. The spike in numbers is partly due to a broader definition of what constitutes a confirmed case, to include people diagnosed on the basis of their symptoms rather than testing positive.
- Season China Operation:
- No infected cases have been reported among the Season employees to date.
- Many of our suppliers have started operation, though at lower capacity. For now, we are expecting around a 2 weeks’ delay in scheduled deliveries from our suppliers. Our procurement team has been identifying alternative suppliers as contingency plan, and our account managers are communicating with all affected customers to work out solutions.
- Season has managed to pass the daily audit conducted by the local government and has resumed operations since 11 February, though also at lower capacity due to the restrictions on people’s movement within the country. The audit aims to ensure enterprises demonstrate capability to implement strict safety processes, maintain adequate hygiene consumable stock, and submit ongoing report to meet audit requirements. An Emergency Committee has been set up by Season to monitor the implementation of all the preventive safety and health measures, and ensure emergency preparedness.
- Other Global Operations of Season:
- Outside mainland China, the epidemic has infected at least 363 people in 27 countries/territories* (excluding 218 confirmed cases among passengers a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan).
- No infected case have been reported by Season’s operations in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, UK & US.
- Season will continue to keep you updated as situation evolves and will do our utmost to minimize the impact to your business.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 9am, 14 Feb 2020.