2019-nCoV Situation Summary
- Situation in Mainland China: The number of confirmed infections has reached 40,171, and the death toll has come up to 908*.
- Season China Operation:
- No infected cases have been reported among the Season employees. As the Chinese government continues to impose restrictions on movement within China in response to the outbreak, some of the Season workforce have been affected and fail to resume work for the time being.
- To align with the Chinese Government policy, all operations are requested to have a stock of face masks adequate to supply 2 face masks per day per worker for 10 days. Due to the acute shortage of face masks in general, and the restrictions imposed on people’s movement within the territory, we expect some of our suppliers may have been affected. We are in contact with our suppliers to monitor their operation status and the possible impact on Season. Our global supply chain teams in Malaysia, Mexico, UK, USA & China have been identifying alternative materials; and our account managers will be in contact with affected customers to work out solutions.
- In addition to the series of precautionary measures that Season has implemented to prevent the spread of coronavirus as reported on Update#4, we are working on additional social distancing measures to fight the spread.
- Other Global Operations of Season:
- Outside mainland China, the epidemic has spread to 25 countries/territories and infected at least 308 people*.
- No infected case have been reported by Season’s operations in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, UK & US as of today.
Note of Appreciation
We would like to express our gratitude to the assistance of our partners in locating face masks, without which we would not have been able to resume operation in China and Hong Kong, and most importantly, to prevent the spread of coronavirus to safeguard the health of our most valuable asset – our employees.
Season will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and change in government policies, and keep you updated via email, social media and our company website: www.seasongroup.com.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 9am, 10 Feb 2020.