2019-nCoV Situation Summary
- Situation in Mainland China: It is reported that the total infections soars past 31,000 and the death toll over 630.
- Season China Operation: To better monitor the health conditions of the employees, and to assess the impact on the production capacity, Season has been in touch with all the employees before they resume work on 10 Feb 2020 in compliance with the government policies. No infected cases are reported as of today. It is expected that around 86% of the workforce would resume work as scheduled provided that transportation is smooth.To safeguard the health of our employees, Season will implement a series of precautionary measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus. These measures mainly cover the following key areas:
– Temperature check & face masks for all employees
– Stringent sanitation measures in the workplace, dining areas and employees’ dormitories
– Maintain a safe distance among employees through special seating arrangements, work shifts and meal shifts
– Monitor workplace hygiene & provide guidance on personal hygiene
– Suspension of staff recreational activities to avoid crowding
- Other Global Operations:- Outside mainland China, the epidemic has spread to over 25 countries/territories and infected more than 250.
– No infected cases are reported from Season’s operations in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, UK & US as of today.
– As community outbreak has been declared in Hong Kong, Season has asked most of our Hong Kong staff to continue to work from home until 14 Feb, by which we shall re-evaluate the conditions.
- Suppliers & Logistics Arrangement: Season will continue to monitor the status of raw material and component supply, and our global procurement teams get ready to provide alternative materials and new routing if needed. Our account managers will continue to be in close contact with all customers to answer queries and provide solutions to problems, if any.
Support On Locating Face Masks
Face masks continue to be in acute shortage. We would appreciate the assistance of any of our partners in locating suitable face masks* for our team members in China and Hong Kong, their family members and also the elderly and underprivileged who have not been able to access or afford to purchase face masks.
Season will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and change in government policies, and keep you updated via email, social media and our company website: www.seasongroup.com.
* Surgical mask is a type of face mask commonly used for preventing infections transmitted by respiratory droplets. Most surgical masks adopt a three-layer design which includes an outer fluid-repelling layer, a middle layer serves as a barrier to germs, and an inner moisture-absorbing layer.