2019-nCoV Situation Summary
- Situation in China: Chinese authorities have confirmed that over 24,000 infections were reported in China and the death toll reaches 492. Nonetheless, the number of people recovering from the virus is rising. To contain the spread of the epidemic, the government has put over 250,000 people under surveillance, and hard quarantine type travel restrictions are in place for Wuhan and 16 surrounding cities. More than 50 airlines around the world have now discontinued service to all, or some mainland China cities.
- Season China Operation: In compliance with the Chinese government policy and to protect our employees, the factory closure continues until 10 Feb 2020. We have taken various safety measures to protect our employees. We shall continue to closely monitor the situation and stand ready to take additional steps if necessary.
- Production Capacity: None of our employees are from Wuhan and no infected cases reported as of today. However, in view of the quarantine and travel restriction measures, we shall have a better idea of the status of production capacity when the workforce shows up for work. The Season team has been working on contingency plans to mitigate any impact on our customers.
- Suppliers & Logistics Arrangement: Season has been in close contact with our raw material and component suppliers to get the latest update of the material supply situation. Some delay in schedules have been reported given the situation, so we would expect delay in delivery for some orders. Our global supply chain teams in Malaysia, Mexico, UK, USA & China have been identifying alternative materials and exploring new routing. Our account managers have also been in contact with affected customers to work out solutions.
No Concern About Receiving Packages from China
While there are still unknowns about 2019-nCoV, coronaviruses are thought to mainly spread from person to person via respiratory droplets. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the poor survivability of 2019-nCoV on surfaces means there is likely very low risk of spread from products or packaging that are shipped over a period of days or weeks at ambient temperatures.
Infectious disease specialists also stated that there is no evidence from any previous outbreak that anyone has ever gotten infected from a package. Information from CDC on 2019-nCoV: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html.
Support On Locating Face Masks
Currently face masks have been in acute shortage. We would appreciate the assistance of any of our partners in locating suitable face masks* for our team members in China and Hong Kong, their family members and also the elderly and underprivileged who have not been able to access or afford to purchase face masks.
Season will continue to closely monitor the evolving situation and change in government policies, and keep you updated via email, social media and our company website: www.seasongroup.com.
* Surgical mask is a type of face mask commonly used for preventing infections transmitted by respiratory droplets. Most surgical masks adopt a three-layer design which includes an outer fluid-repelling layer, a middle layer serves as a barrier to germs, and an inner moisture-absorbing layer.