COVID-19 Situation Summary
- Situation in Mainland China: The total number of confirmed cases has accumulated to 8,824, including 36,117 discharged cases and 2,788 death cases*. The number of new infections has dropped significantly in recent days.
- Season China & HK Operations
- No infected cases have been reported among the Season employees to date.
- For delivery of mechanical parts, we are expecting a 2-3 weeks’ delay in Q1 as communicated previously. For electronics components, while the full impact of the epidemic has yet to be fully played out in Q2, currently we see a shortage in supply of certain components which has led to price increase and longer lead times. Our global procurement team has been negotiating with alternative sources, and we urge our customers to come to us for any redesigning and supply chain needs.
- Per our last update on 25 Feb, the Season China site has managed to resume capacity to over 70%. Barring unforeseen circumstances, we are expecting to return to full capacity over the coming two weeks.
- Season Hong Kong staff will discontinue the work from home arrangement starting from 2 March. Precautionary measures to protect the health of our staff and prevent the spread of coronavirus will be implemented.
- Other Global Operations of Season:
- Outside mainland China, the epidemic has infected at least 3,787 people in 50 countries/territories (excluding 705 cases confirmed among passengers on a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan). The number of cases soared in South Korea, Italy, Iran and Japan to over 2,022, 650, 245 and 210 respectively*.
- No infected case have been reported by Season’s operations in Malaysia, Mexico, UK & US to date.
- Season will continue to provide further updates as necessary, and do our utmost to minimize the impact to your business.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 9am, 28 Feb 2020.