COVID-19 Situation Summary
- Worldwide Situation:
- At least 1,252,929# confirmed cases were reported in a total of 212 countries/territories, including at least 70,002 fatal cases*.
- Update on Season China Operation:
- The site has returned to full capacity. The supply of some electronics components was slightly affected due to the closure of some suppliers’ factories in Malaysia, India, Philippines and Singapore. Nonetheless, Season’s global supply team has managed to source alternative supplies to mitigate the impact on production.
- Update on Season’s Global Operations Outside Mainland China:
- Malaysia: The Season Penang site will continue to suspend operation until mid Apr, in compliance with the government’s nationwide Movement Control Order. The sales and global procurement teams continue to work closely with customers and suppliers respectively on remediation measures.
- Mexico: Following the government’s declaration of a national public health emergency, the Season site has suspended manufacturing operation starting from 7 Apr till 20 Apr. A contingency plan will be implemented to mitigate the impact on customers.
- UK: The crisis continues to deepen and the Season UK site has suspended operation since 27 Mar for three weeks. Our goal is to resume operation on 20 Apr, assuming it is safe to do so and following the UK government guidelines.
- US: The coronavirus death toll has surpassed 10,000, and the social distancing guidelines continues to be in effect until 30 Apr. The Season US site continues to operate as it deems to be supporting essential industries.
- No infected cases have been recorded across all Season’s operations to date.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 10am, 7 Apr 2020.
# Excluding 712 cases confirmed among passengers/crews on a cruise (including 11 fatal cases).