COVID-19 Situation Summary
- Worldwide Situation:
- At least 871,564# confirmed cases were reported in a total of 208 countries/territories, including at least 20,339 fatal cases*.
- The global supply chain has been seriously disrupted. Not only is sea and road transportation subject to disruptions and slowdowns, even air freight capacity is drastically shrinking amid increasing freight cancellations and other traffic restriction measures implemented worldwide. Customers should allow for longer delivery lead time under the current circumstances.
- Update on Season China Operation:
- The site has returned to full capacity. The sales and procurement teams are working with respective customers and suppliers to evaluate the impact of the pandemic on upcoming orders and delivery schedules.
- Update on Season’s Global Operations Outside Mainland China:
- Malaysia: The Season Penang site will continue to suspend operation until mid Apr, in compliance with the government’s nationwide Movement Control Order. Contingency measures have been implemented to arrange the employees to work from home where possible, while the sales and global procurement teams continue to work closely with the customers and suppliers respectively on remediation measures.
- Mexico: The government declared a health emergency and issued stricter rules with a view to containing the rapidly spreading pandemic. The Season site is pending approval to continue operation as an essential industry.
- UK: UK continues to be under a virtual lockdown until after Easter. The Season UK site will suspend operation for 3 weeks starting from next week. Customers have been informed of the arrangement and contingency plans will be implemented.
- US: The US government has extended social distancing guidelines until 30 Apr. The Season US site continues to operate as it is deemed to support essential industries.
- No infected cases have been record across all Season’s operations to date.
- To reference some of the best practices Season has implemented in our sites, please visit our LinkedIn page at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/season-group/?viewAsMember=true
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 10am, 2 Apr 2020.
# Excluding 712 cases confirmed among passengers/crews on a cruise, and 49 persons repatriated to the US by chartered flight), including at least 20,339 fatal cases.