COVID-19 Situation Summary
- Worldwide Situation:
- The COVID-19 continues to spread fast across the world. At least 435,625 confirmed cases were reported in a total of 199 countries/territories (excluding 712 cases confirmed among passengers/crews on a cruise, and 49 persons repatriated to the US by chartered flight), including at least 20,339 fatal cases*.
- As more and more countries around the world have enacted stringent measures such as flight suspensions, border closures or imposed lockdowns to contain the spread of the pandemic, the global supply chain has been severely disrupted. The Season global procurement team is identifying potential delays and negotiating with all suppliers for lead time extension.
- Update on Season China Operation:
- The number of new cases is tapering off in mainland China. Production at Season’s manufacturing site is on target to be back to full production by the end of March.
- Update on Season’s Global Operations Outside Mainland China:
- Malaysia: In compliance with the Malaysian Government’s mandate to extend the nationwide Movement Control Order till 14 Apr, the Season Penang site will continue to suspend operation until then. The employees are working from home where possible. Contingency measures have been implemented to assess production and delivery delays, and to work with customers and relevant stakeholders on remediation plans.
- Mexico: The site remains operational. Increased employee safety measures have been implemented. In addition, in compliance with government policy, our workers who are above 60, pregnant, or have chronic disease will be staying home commencing from 27 Mar. The arrangement will have a minor impact on our capacity.
- UK: The UK has been placed under a virtual lockdown for at least three weeks starting from 23 Mar, with all non-essential businesses closed. To ensure the safety of our employees, we have contingency plans in place to suspend operation of the site from 30 Mar to 20 Apr. Our sales team is working with customers to evaluate the impact, and come up with remedial measures.
- US: The World Health Organization says the US has the potential to become the next pandemic epicenter as the number of confirmed cases in the country continues to spike. The US government has declared a national emergency. The Season US site continues to operate as it is deemed to support essential industries. More stringent safety measures have been implemented.ed across all Season’s operations to date.
- No infected cases have been record across all Season’s operations to date.
- Season is most grateful for your patience and support, as we work together to tackle the challenges posed by coronavirus. We shall continue to closely monitor the global situation and provide further updates as necessary.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 10am, 26 Mar 2020.