COVID-19 Situation Summary
- Worldwide: With the number of infections and deaths continues to accelerate, countries around the world are stepping up emergency measures, such as quarantine measures, flight suspensions, health screenings, border closures and other travel restrictions, in an effort to contain the virus and enforce social distancing.
- Situation in Mainland China: The situation has stabilized. The total number of confirmed cases has accumulated to 80,894, including 69,601 discharged cases and 3,237 death cases*.
- Season China Operation:
- Season China site is resuming normal operation, with over 90% of its workforce returned to work. The Season global procurement team will continue to monitor the operation situation of the suppliers.
- No infected cases have been reported among the Season employees to date.
- Situation Outside China:
- At least 108,546 cases were reported in a total of 161 countries/territories (excluding 712 cases confirmed among passengers/crews on a cruise, and 49 persons repatriated to the US by chartered flight), including at least 4,561 fatal cases*.
- The pandemic has reached all 50 states in the U.S.
- The E.U. has announced restrictions on most travel within the 27-country bloc for at least 30 days.
- Season’s Global Operations Outside China:
- Malaysia: To stem the spread of COVID-19, the government has announced to impose strict nationwide controls, including locking down travel all in or out of the country, and closing all business premises (except those selling daily necessities), schools, etc. until end of March. To comply with the government mandate and to protect our employees, Season Malaysia has taken swift measures to arrange some staff to work from home, while the rest of the workforce will return to work no earlier than end of March. Some pre-arranged production schedules are forced to be postponed, which may cause delay in delivery for some orders. The affected customers have been informed accordingly. Season has also been in close contact with local raw material and component suppliers to get the latest update of the material supply situation. Our global procurement team is also identifying alternative sources to try to mitigate any impact on customers during this disruptive period.
- We have taken various precautionary safety measures to protect our employees in all sites, and are ready to provide sanitation products (face masks, hand sanitizer, etc.) to the sites as and when needed.
- No infected cases have been reported by Season’s operations in Malaysia, Mexico, UK & US to date.
- Season will continue to provide further updates as necessary, and do our utmost to minimize the impact to your business.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 9am, 18 Mar 2020.