COVID-19 Situation Summary
- The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the spread of COVID-19 a pandemic.
- Situation in Mainland China: The situation has stabilized. The total number of confirmed cases has accumulated to 80,793, including 62,793 discharged cases and 3,169 death cases*.
- Season China Operation:
- No infected cases have been reported among the Season employees to date.
- The Season global procurement team has reached out to all suppliers and identified the electronic components that are in short supply, with increased prices and longer lead time during this disruptive period. The team has already informed all the customers with impacted orders, and has been identifying alternative sources and suppliers for them. In addition, customers are advised to place orders in advance as the team has been trying to secure supply for advance orders. For mechanical components, there has been a slight delay in delivery, but with the situation in China continues to stabilize, it is expected that 80%-90% of the suppliers will resume full operations by end of March.
- In addition to continue taking precautionary measures at the entire site to protect the health and safety of our staff, we are also ready to help their families to purchase masks.
- Situation Outside China:
- At least 42,799 infected cases were reported in a total of 116 countries/territories (excluding 696 cases confirmed among passengers/crews on a cruise ship docked in Yokohama, Japan, and 49 persons repatriated to the US by chartered flight), with at least 1,429 fatal cases*.
- Transmission of COVID-19 has been increasing around the world. Outside China, areas with active community transmission of COVID-19 include Italy, Iran, Korea, France, Spain, Germany and Japan. The number of accumulated cases* in these areas are: Italy (12,462); Iran (9,000); Korea (7,869); France (2,281); Spain (2,140); Germany (1,567); Japan (620)
- In an attempt to stem the spread of COVID-19, U.S. has announced a 30-day travel ban on non U.S citizens who in the past two weeks have been in the European nations that are part of the Schengen Area.
- Other Global Operations of Season:
- No infected case have been reported by Season’s operations in Malaysia, Mexico, UK & US to date.
- Season will continue to provide further updates as necessary, and do our utmost to minimize the impact to your business.
* Based on the report of The Center of Health Protection under the Department of Health of The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region as at 6pm, 12 Mar 2020.