Commodity Manager – Electronics
The commodity manager leads supplier sourcing/selection activities and successfully manages the supplier relationship to ensure that the supply chain is capable of delivering high quality, cost-effective materials and components to support production requirements. The Commodity Manager has an important role in ensuring that their respective commodity meets the technical, pricing and schedule specifications necessary to develop its products.
- Collaborate within the Supply Chain, Program Management, Quote, and Engineering teams to develop an advanced commodity strategy and technology roadmap that aligns technology and business requirements with supplier capabilities. This will include leveraging our current supply base as well as sourcing new and emerging suppliers.
- Work closely with Engineering, manufacturing and customers to influence technical design decisions to meet technical capabilities, business objectives, costs and manufacturing considerations
- Responsible for AVL (Approved Vendors List) for commodity, supplier selection and qualification.
- Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, delivery, service and technology.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to assess current and future sourcing requirements.
- Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of a strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual/quarterly strategic business objectives.
- Manage supplier relationships, including supplier performance, supplier audits, and capability development, cost and quality improvements.
- Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures and technical improvements.
- Define and track all improvement opportunities for business and technical requirements to drive the success of the supplier relationships
- Periodic travel to supplier’s manufacturing sites, as well as quarterly visits to our partners.
- Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
- 7+ years of experience in high mix low volume manufacturing EMS environment.
- Extensive negotiation experience with local and global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
- Highly proficient in Mandarin and English
- University Degree preferred
- Willing to be based in Dongguan